The San Francisco Bay Area offers a myriad of fun and exciting activities. There are jaw-dropping showstoppers such as the Golden Gate Bridge, but also hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Every visit to the Bay Area can bring you something new and you’re guaranteed to leave feeling relaxed and refreshed.
- Exploring San Francisco: The City by the Bay can grant you every possible adventure you could dream of. Start your morning at any of the delicious bistros or bakeries serving innovative breakfasts inspired by cultures from all around the world. Then, walk through the beautiful and peaceful Golden Gate Park, or see works from the greatest artists of the past six centuries at the de Young Museum. Pop into any of the up-and-coming eateries in the Mission District for dinner.
- See The Beautiful Pacific Coast: Drive along Highway 1 and stop at any sandy beach along the way. Spend your day soaking in the sun to the gentle sound of waves, or take in the vibrant and down-to-earth coastal communities of Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay, and Pescadero.
- The Majestic Redwoods: Or, visit the giants that have withstood time and the elements so long in Big Basin Redwoods State Park and other preserves. The Bay Area has so many wonderful hiking locations, and there’s nothing more awe-inspiring than seeing the towering redwoods on your right and the blue Pacific Ocean on your left.
- See History Firsthand: From the economic boom and growth of the Gold Rush, the groovy days of the sixties, and the humble beginnings of the first tech titan Hewlett-Packard, both San Francisco and the surrounding area is immersed in rich history and many important landmarks. Local Spanish Missions, the Golden Gate Bridge, Steve Jobs’ house, and Hearst Castle only represent a few.
- Treat Yourself: The San Francisco Bay Area is rapidly becoming a new culinary hotspot, attracting famed chefs from all around the world. As of 2018, there are fifty-five Michelin-starred restaurants in the Bay Area, and among them, seven three-starred restaurants. Beyond these renowned restaurants, there remain a plethora of other options. From handmade Italian pasta, Jamaican soul food, or Thai rolled ice cream, there is a winner for everyone.
- For All Ages: The Bay Area has offerings for everyone and plenty of family fun. Visit one of many zoos, including the San Francisco Zoo, Happy Hollow Park and Oakland Zoo. Or, spend a day learning about science at the Exploratorium, Tech Museum and the California Academy of Sciences. There are many lovely parks throughout the area, and for thrill seekers, amusement parks like Great America, Six Flags and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.